Sodium fluoride is a colorless, shiny crystal or white powdery compound with a specific gravity of 2.25, a melting point of 993°C, and a boiling point of 1695°C. Soluble in water (10°C 3.66, 20°C 4.06, 30°C 4.22, 40°C 4.4, 60°C 4.68, 80°C 4.89, 100°C 5.08), hydrofluoric acid, slightly soluble alcohol. The aqueous solution is weakly alkaline and dissolves in hydrofluoric acid to form sodium hydrogen fluoride, which will corrode glass. poisonous! In the coating industry, it is widely used as phosphating accelerator, agricultural pesticide, sealing material, preservative and other fields.
Colorless cubic or tetragonal crystal. Sensitive to moisture. Solubility in water (g/100ml): 4 at 15°C, 4.3 at 25°C, 5 at 100°C, insoluble in ethanol. The partial hydrolysis of an aqueous solution is an alkaline reaction. The pH of the freshly prepared saturated solution was 7.4. Its aqueous solution can make glass hairy, but its dried crystals or powder can be stored in glass bottles. The relative density is 2.78. The melting point is 993°C. The boiling point is 1695°C. Toxic, LD50 (rat, oral) 0.18g/kg. There is a strong irritation.
Used as a phosphating accelerator in the coating industry to stabilize the phosphating solution, refine the phosphating and improve the performance of the phosphating film. The phosphating treatment of aluminum and its alloys is sealed with Al3+, which has a very harmful negative catalytic effect, so the phosphating treatment is very smooth. Wood preservatives, agricultural pesticides, fungicides for the brewing industry, pharmaceutical preservatives, fluxes, Alkaline zinc salt galvanizing additives and enamel, paper industry, etc. Sodium fluoride (NAF) is an important fluoride salt used to make other fluoride raw materials.
1. Used as agricultural pesticides and fungicides.
2. As a wood preservative, water treatment agent, ceramic pigment, boiling steel manufacturing, light metal fluoride salt treatment agent, smelting and refining, as a protective layer, as a UF3 adsorbent in the nuclear industry.
3. In the production of sealing materials and brake linings, wear resistance is increased. The mechanical blade planer is inlaid with steel to improve welding strength.
4. Enamel pharmaceutical industry and paper production and construction materials.
5. Used as a phosphating accelerator in the coating industry to stabilize the phosphating solution, refine the phosphating and improve the performance of the phosphating film. Aluminum and its alloys are sealed with AL3+, which has a very harmful negative catalytic effect, makes the phosphating smooth, and is an alkaline zincate zinc plating additive. Cleaning fluid, flux and flux for steel and other metals.
6. Flux and sunscreen for ceramic glass and enamel, leather and leather processing in the leather industry, and preservative for adhesives.Tags: Sodium fluoride